Sunday, December 16, 2012

It has been a great week for Isla



 We are still doing our chemo.  So far, so good.  During this round of chemo we received a new drug, etoposide.  I was quite fearful, however Isla is handling it okay again.  Without fail, she is amazing me again.  I am very proud of her.
Her extended family is such an intricate part of her comfort and healing.  

So for whatever reason this week seems good.  I am not so afraid.  I am feeling a bit more comfortable and confident taking this on.  Isla even took her medicine at one point this week and proudly proclaimed, "I didn't even cry!  It is working!  I am all better!"  

The horrific shootings in Connecticut on Friday have changed my outlook as well.  I am thankful for every day with my girl (even the ugly days).  We can't take back those events, but we can make sure our immediate world is filled with a little more patience and love.  Our current culture breeds this type of discontentment and purposelessness.  I think strong family and communities are the important base that so many people are missing.  Just feeling incredibly grateful I can be a part of a loving family and community.  

Thinking and praying for two other friends whose babes are struggling in the hospital this week.  Also excitedly awaiting the healthy birth of a friend's baby in the next week or so here.  Looking forward to Christmas.


2 comments:

t3reese said...

yay! so glad to hear Isla's doing so well. really wish we could come and visit. and yay for babies coming SOON! :-)

JenScoville said...

You at remarkable. It's no surprise Isla is too. I hope Christmas is magical for you all. I miss you.