Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Want a resolution?

Happy New Years Everyone!
In case you don't have a new year's resolution or just straight don't like them,  I would like to offer some inspiring blogs that present some interesting challenges for you to try at home! Who doesn't love a good challenge or self improvement?


1) 100 Days of Real Food - A mother shares her journey in providing whole, nutritious food for her family for 100 days!  She invites you to join her challenge by doing the same for 10 days.  Read up on her blog for additional information about why this is so important.

2) Six Items or Less - Pick only six items from your wardrobe and wear them for an entire month.  I loved reading about how little others even notice you have been wearing the same things over and over again.  The challenge can be taken on for whatever reason you would like it.  Some do it to reduce clothing consumption, some for a challenge in fiscal responsibility, and some for a challenge in creativity.

3) Reading Challenges - So this site links to many others, but the idea is basically a year long goal to complete so many books surrounding a particular genre or subject.  Super fun.  I love the way you share your passion and reviews with so many others during the process.  There may also be a local book challenge where the community invites the author to discuss their book in an open forum.  Her is Ann Arbor's 2012 book.

4) 30 Days of Gratitude - Focusing on one thing a day that you are grateful or thankful for can change your entire life outlook.  The site offers a daily theme and place to post your "gratitudes".

5) Craft and Create Challenges - So I run into these all the time and they are awesome, but you will have to take my word for it, because right now I can't find any that seem worth posting.  Sorry!

This is a great list too, but doesn't really go with the theme... 20 New Year's Resolutions for 20 -Somethings.

3 comments:

t3reese said...

Which of these will you be doing Gloria?!

JF said...

I feel like I already do the six items or less one. There's something about the intention of it and the writing it down and sharing with others that makes it doable.

Gloria said...

To Teresa and JF - I think the six items or less may be fun. I am also trying (as I do every year) to become someone who is better at cleaning. I can do it, but don't. :(