Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first collar shirt

I used the collar shirt pattern from Sew U by Wendy Mullin. I was pretty sure I got in over my head.

But then I finished it at 1:00 am, two days before christmas (it was a gift) and my sleepless self thought "Hey, not too shabby Jones.  Lets re-examine when we have daylight".

Then with the daylight I realize "I DID IT!"  It looks like a real shirt that real people would actually wear.  Additionally the darts are slimming and best of all...

the sleeves are long enough to be comfortable and stylish (in my not-so-humble opinion).  I am very pleased with the final product and hope to make this again in some other types of material.  Cassie looks beautiful in it too, but she left the state before I got a good photo of her in it.



4 comments:

JF said...

beautiful jones!! really proud of you, it looks like it was difficult. You could be a tailor!

(brenna)

Gloria said...

Thanks Brenna! You are wild with the tailor idea. I will be happy to merely make a couple of clothes that will fit.

tatara said...

I like the messy bedroom it the background. makes me feel better about my own house. shirt is nice too.

Gloria said...

Ha! My bedroom is usually worse than that so you should feel real good.