Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Homemade Birthdays

I don't know why it did not occur to me to do this sooner.  This year for Isla's birthday I made the invitations from my scrap box and simply scanned the invite and posted it to facebook.
 
It worked out perfectly.  I get to make something in honor of the little one, the invite gets a bit of the homemade touch, paper is not wasted, and the RSVP management is minimal.  Plus I like the look of the hand written paper product (like this one).

 Please don't mind the smearing.  That was done digitally so no creepers call me.  Notice all the pom-poms in the background.  I have big plans for some birthday garland for the 2 year old beauty.  Another way to use up those little end bits of yarn.
 Thanks to Whip-Up for the great garland idea.

This is a photo of Isla's 1st Birthday.  These tissue paper balls were made from recycled wrappings from my baby shower.  They are super easy to make and very festive.  Tutorial here.

No comments: