Sunday, November 27, 2011

Circle Skirt with Knits

 
This circle skirt will be great for summer, but I was excited to wear it in the winter so I tried to make an outfit from it.

The skirt was inspired from a book I purchased at JoAnne's called Make Your Own Patterns by Rene Bergh.

I also enjoyed this circle skirt tutorial from MADE.  If this was thicker fabric the skirt would go out more than down.  This was clearance fabric and the skirt was made in under an hour.  And most importantly it fits me.  A good quick project.

I want to get better at having a vision for something and then being able to create it from there.  Right now I can see what I want, but once I go to create the vision, the end result surprises me!  This isn't always a bad thing.  There are times the end result was better than anticipated, like these birthday cupcakes.
My daughter loves the Fantastic Mr. Fox and of course Elmo.  My sister and I made some appropriate vanilla and chocolate cupcakes in honor of her birthday.  I am so pleased with the way they turned out.
 I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We have so much to be grateful for.

1 comment:

t3reese said...

i'd like to place an order please...