Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stairwell Before and After

Inspired by The Alabama Stitch Book and this beautiful Heather Bailey fabric (thanks KEVIN!), I finally made a basic window covering for my stairwell. Naturally, my favorite part is the least noticeable (bottom left), some decorative stitching placed with a wing needle to add that slight heirloom stitching feel.
Just enough covering to stop TV glare and still allow light into that beautiful entryway. It had been kinda fun creating a house that balances Kevin and I's complimenting styles. He likes modern and bold, while I think I am more attracted to a cottage look, a crafty look, and an eco look all at once. I think they can balance each other.

And because I love before and after shots, here are a few of the entry way after the home sat in foreclosure a year.
BEFOREBEFORE


AFTER
As we begin to slowly add to the house, I find that I am loving our home more and more. Next entry to come... bedroom before, during, and after.

1 comment:

weakyknee said...

these are beautiful! Light and airy and very Gloria. And did I mention sexy?