Saturday, August 2, 2008

Baby knittin' - Gotta Try It!

Little things for little people. Knitted footwear generally takes me a long time (see post below), but making footwear for newborns is a whole other story. I made these in my spare time over the last couple days. A pattern for the adult version is online here from Lynn Hershberger of Lansing, Michigan. I enjoyed reading through her blog too (make sure to check out the 'Shake that Thing' uTube video).

Pam's (a coworker friend of mine) first baby is due in September. We have been so very busy at work that we rarely have time to focus on Pam's increasingly large baby bump and the new life that will greet her in a month. Knitting allowed me to focus on just her baby for a short time. I hope he enjoys his bamboo booties and that they fit him well. The yarn is about 10% elastic so they should be quite comfy. I think of how small this little boy will be and how excited his family is to be receiving him. Congratulations Pam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest bootie I have seen. When combined with those kind thoughts and wishes, there can be no sweeter gift.--Mom

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely adorable and I love them. Thank you so much for spending time making them and thinking of me! I know he will enjoy wearing them.

Pam

Brenna said...

ahhhhh! i hate the phrase baby bump!!!!!


cute booties by the way.