Sunday, March 16, 2008

Not so Ugly, but still made of leftovers

We have an interesting store in Ann Arbor called the Treasure Mart. It is more like one large garage sale, than a flea market. I even think it is too pricey, but I will tell you it is fun and that I always find something.
Beautiful thumbtacks need a beautiful place to call home. The old frame was sanded. I purchased some 1/2 inch thick cork board to place inside it.

Painted both with a mixture of milk paint (mixed the paints with different amounts of white). Here in Ann Arbor you can buy it at Naked Furniture, but their online shop is pretty cool too.
This paint is especially nice because it has no volatile organic compounds. If you have a painting job coming up soon it may be something to consider. Let me know what you all think about the project. I am considering the creation of more.

No comments: