Monday, August 13, 2007

That's a Whole Lotta Alpaca


Expensive days purchasing those hand carders, but I am glad to have them. That alpaca isn't going to go and spin itself!

My sister Bethany and I went to the Spinning Loft last week for a day of crafting. Bethany is working on a beret from Interweave Knits Winter Issue (her first time with double pointed needles) and I practiced my crappy spinning skills with a small sampler pack of merino and silk.

I wanted to call it Cody yarn, because it reminds me so much of my only boy cousin growing up and we always watched Nickelodean together. Na na na na na na na na Nick-a-load-di-annn!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Great job with that yarn! I am excited about the beret, it is coming along just fine.

Anonymous said...

beth looks so cute when she uses those double needles. Hey... guys... I'm all alone with mom and dad, no beth, no cassie, no gloria, no kevin, its a lonely life!

Cody said...

I dont get it...I remind you of an Alpaca?

..I honestly dont know if that is a compliment or an insult.

Anywho, hope to see you, been a while....come on down to my cave whenever you are in Mason!!

Gloria said...

no cody it means that you remind me of good childhood memories... duh!