Friday, July 6, 2007

Weddings Are Coming!



Empty Basket
Originally uploaded by Gloria KJ
I wouldn't consider myself a basket person, but when my sister-in-law asked me to come up with a card holder for her wedding this seemed to fit perfectly.
Katie is organized. In fact she asked me to get a bird cage for her cards about five months ago. But in my typical fashion I waited too last minute and now had to come up with something else.
Her wedding colors are black, white, and red (she's a classy gal). While the basket looked nice as it is we had to make sure that the cards went in, but not hands. Apparently a lot of card steeling happens at weddings.
The solution? A reinforced piece of black fabric with a card slit on the top hand sewn onto the top. This way when the wedding is done this can easily be removed and they can use this basket again somewhere in their home. Did I mention it was eight bucks!

NOTE TO OTHER CRAFTY BRIDESMAIDS: Even with a black, red, and white themed wedding you cannot embroid, write, or paint with bright red on black. Unless of course it is some sort of demon wedding. You can see what I am talking about here.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh what a lovely basket!

Anonymous said...

thanks for a post! and oh how beautiful this is molly b ps