Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Jenny's Socks




My roommate from college is expecting! I love purple and she loves green. When I found this hand-dyed yarn inLouisville, Kentucky I thought it would be perfect for her. Jenny loves things for her feet. For a while she was even sporting strange things. Haha. During college she would ask me to make her a pair of knee or thigh-high socks. This would take me forever so instead I have opted for regular, cool-looking warm wool socks.

The "More fun than Cables" Sock Pattern can be found at Stitches of Violet. I will be making the Shetland Lace Rib Sock Pattern for my Mother hopefully sometime this year. They are easy-to-read and turn out beautifully.

While hand-dyed yarn is cool, you can never be sure what pattern will ensue. I thought this would appear more as a blend then as a stripe, but I guess that is the risk. They are certainly unique.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Those socks are cute!" words of my wife as we cruised your blog. Do you sell them?

Bethany said...

My those sock are the bees knees!

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy socks. Melissa knitted me a pair for Christmas '05 and I wear them all winter. They are super.
love, denise