Monday, May 21, 2007

One Man's Trash

This is my favorite christmas gift... a piano book bag for my youngest sister, Cassandra. At the time I was making little money, but I had a beautiful sewing machine, my husband's old jeans and lots of other saved goods.

I used a pattern suggested to me by my sister-in-law out of Bazaar Bizarre. The bottom of the bag is seemless and it is lined twice with iron-on stabilizer. No amount of heavy books nor use could crack this bag.

The fabric is all hand-me-downs. The embroidery is appliqued onto the outside from an old stained table cloth I found at a scrap store. Even the lace was bought for only 10 cents.

Creativity can help save big bucks.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

What a wonderful blog!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how the world will be
Now that we all can see
The wonderfullness of G.Kathleen

Nice job.

Anonymous said...

I agree that bag has been through a lot and still is beautiful who knew kevins jeans were so durable?

Can't stop lovin' that bag


Cassie